Education & Credentials
A little bit about my education
Behind every counselor is a story of learning, training, supervision, and plenty of “okay, let’s figure this out,” “I’m so nervous,” and “oh, sh*t, I forgot to check my notes” 😖moments. Because behind the degree, the credentials, and the professional headshot are years of studying, second-guessing yourself, learning to sit with uncertainty, getting feedback, making mistakes, and slowly building the confidence to trust yourself in the room.Here’s a bit of my education and experience that shaped how I practice, without turning this into a resume.
That’s the short version! I’m locking in :p and every experience has shaped the counselor I am today, and I’m grateful to those who contributed to my journey. Ada Clerigo is a Licensed Professional Counselor Associate in Texas, supervised by Norma S Reyes, PhD, LPC-S. She provides in-person counseling in Houston and telehealth services in Schertz and throughout Texas. She is also the owner of The Therapist Couch. Outside of counseling, Ada enjoys reading, watching horror shows, journaling, drinking boba, and sharing memes with friends.
---
- Master’s Degree in Counseling - University of Houston, 2026
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology - University of Houston-Downtown, 2023
- Licensed Professional Counselor Associate - #103242 (TX)
- Supervised by Norma S Reyes, PhD, LPC-S - #71972 (TX)
- Youth Mental Health First Aid - National Council for Mental Wellbeing
- Certified Grief Informed Professional (Evergreen Certifications) (In Progress)
Community Work:
- Bo's Place Support Group Facilitator - March 2026
- The Book Cycle Volunteer
---
---

